Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Apollolaan 2, Amsterdam, 1077, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 673 59 22
3.2/5 15 reviews
APOLLO HOTEL AMSTERDAM
Apollo Hotel Amsterdam truly wants to exceed your expectations. The look and feel in our hotel is important to create a lively, chic and trendy atmosphere. A French traditional restaurant, Living Room with French delicacy, The Harbour Club bar and restaurant; everything in their own theme or decor. Apollo Hotel Amsterdam will offer all elements, through its vivid Food & Beverage outlets. Be surprised along the canals of Amsterdam.
Get these exclusive SPG® member benefits:
- Best Rates
Not an SPG Member?
Joining is quick, easy, and free. Join Now
Hear from our guests about their stay from 15 verified guest reviews
47%of our guests
recommend this hotel
No avoiding the obvious: this hotel is undergoing a massive renovation, presumably in connection with its recent admission to the Starwood brand. There are two parts to the hotel: the tower and the smaller bit that faces onto the canal. I and everyone else was in the former; the latter appears to be completely gutted. (I saw this when I walked out onto the dock in front of the hotel, and could look back into the windows of the building.) The restaurant is big and appears to be in good shape, but the walk to get there takes you through a construction site. I never saw this place before staying there, so I have no idea what it looked like before the renovations began. But I can guess: the place still has a heavy 80s feel, and not in a good way. For example, my room had two single beds pushed together to make a "queen", and the "mattresses" were more like sofa pads rather than proper mattresses. Also, the TV was very small and old--but I saw workers bringing in boxes and boxes of new ones for installation. Still, I would rate this place a 4 overall, with the possibility of upgrade once the renovations are complete:
1) I am a loyal Starwood member and will use a Starwood property whenever possible. This is the closest Starwood hotel to the Amsterdam city center. It was about a 10-15 walk to the Rijksmuseum.
2) The price was fair for a fairly central hotel.
3) The hotel sits in the one place in the city where five canals come together (or so I am told). The view from the restaurant onto the water is really lovely.
4) The breakfast has a wide assortment of food and is quite decent. (Please, though, have carafes of coffee to avoid long lines at the cappuccino machines.)
5) The staff is very friendly and professional.
6) My bathroom appeared to have been renovated recently. It looked clean and new and everything in it worked well.
7) The wireless internet was reasonably fast.
Overall, this was a pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to consider staying again the next time I come to Amsterdam.
- Check in: from 15.00h
- Check out: until noon
- Late check-out upon request
- Deposit: €50,- per stay
- Kids: Free of charge up to 12 years of age
- Pets: No pets allowed
- SPG Category 4
- 2 Restaurants
- Cigar Lounge
- Fitness Area
- Business Centre
- Private Parking area
- 5 Meeting rooms
- Bicycle rental
- Schiphol Airport
- Heineken Experience
- The Amsterdam Dungeon
- Albert Cuypmarkt
- Amsterdam RAI Convention Centre
- Beatrix Park
- De Pijp neighbourhood
- World Trade Center Amsterdam
- Foam Photograhpy museum
- Van Gogh Museum
How To Get Here
Apollo Hotel Amsterdam has two restaurants. Bodon, La Grande Brasserie, a traditional French cuisine with contemporary flair. In addition to fine dining, Bodon offers a lounge with varied seating areas, where you can enjoy breakfast, meet in style or simply relax.
The second restaurant in the hotel is The Harbour Club Amsterdam Zuid. High-quality cooking with a dash of playfulness, but always an eye for detail.
- Bodon, La Grande Brasserie
- The Harbour Club Amsterdam-Zuid
Hours Of Operation
5 Large conference rooms
Do you plan to organize a meeting or event in Amsterdam? We will be pleased to arrange it for you. Our hotel is located along the stunning canals of Amsterdam and is close to the business district of the city. With five conference rooms in the hotel, we will always have a room suitable to your event.
- 100m2 of meeting space
- Located near the WTC and RAI
- Lunch or diner in The Harbour Club
- Terrace area